Uploading Avatars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Umoja

Umoja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:59 AM

No matter how much I compress and resize an image it is always rejected. I'm talking .jpg's. Should I be using another format such as .gif? Have I missed something in the FAQ's? :D
Britain has priests, but they are fools; numerous ministers, but they are shameless; clerics, but they are wily plunderers.
- Gildas the Wise.

#2 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

wish I could help, also struggling with my cell pics being way too huge!
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

#3 Diva

Diva

Psychosis

• Administrators
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

That might be linked into the image upload issue that we are having at the moment. The Boss man is working on this little technical glitch, which has proven to be more glitchy than expected.
For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
(a) mate with,
(B) eat,
© run away from, and
(d) rocks

#4 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

:clap: go Boss, go!
We know you can do it...

Not to worry, I don't mind lounging in my forest avatar..it's the best! :tropic:

#5 AntiThesis

AntiThesis

Psychosis

• Administrators
  • 19,721 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:51 AM

Way more glitchy, sorry umoja :D I promise I am working on it along with this year's upgrades.
“We are limited, not by our abilities, but by our vision.”

#6 Umoja

Umoja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

Thanks to everyone, especially the stalwart folk down in the engine room of the forum.

Maji, I have successfully loaded pictures onto both Nokia and Motorola cell phones using a kit, different for different makes and models, consisting of a cable and a software CD. The Nokia software can also be downloaded from the WWW but you will still need the right cable, or a bluetooth connection, to transfer files.

The next step was simply to open my pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager,click on , click on , choose and then one of the two smallest sizes (Web Pages or Email), depending on what your phone can handle, and into the folder from which it will be uploaded to your mobile.

Forgive me if you already know all about this, have tried and still have problems.

Season's Greetings, everyone ... :D
Britain has priests, but they are fools; numerous ministers, but they are shameless; clerics, but they are wily plunderers.
- Gildas the Wise.

#7 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

That's a mouthful, I will defs use it as soon as I have Office et al, thanks Umoja.
and welcome :D

#8 Umoja

Umoja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

If you are not running Windows and MS Office you can do it all with a full install of Ubuntu, not that I've tried using all the applications that come with it. Star Office is a good, free alternative to MS Office and can be downloaded from Sun Microsystems. It is also available on many of those DVDs full of free software that come attached to computer magazines. I'm not sure what graphics capabilities, if any, it has. Many digital cameras and handycams come with CDs of free graphics software. I was able to do things with a programme from Panasonic which I was not able to do with Adobe Elements.

In one of those moments of clarity in the early hours I wondered whether you were talking about uploading images and videos directly from your phone to a website. Many of the newer phones allow you to do this, but the Telcos rip you off in the process. Cheaper by far to download to a computer and upload to the WWW through an ADSL connection, especially one with a generous data allowance. I opted for the slowest ADSL connection, too slow for smooth viewing of You Tube; the advantage being unlimited downloads provided I do not abuse the system by downloading movies 24/7. As it happens, I just wait until the movies are a few years old and the DVDs are being knocked out for $10 or less. :D
- Gildas the Wise.

#9 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:59 AM

:D I too wondered about whether we were uploading pics from phone. I did do that and now the pics are huge, which is nice to see but impossible to use for Dementia. Meanwhile I will wait for my dear son to ok the downloading of any freeware. The kids are visiting today so things are looking good in that direction!
Meanwhile I will be :tropic: .

#10 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi everybody! Maji's back...
I need help with my profile pic yet again...any volunteers?

#11 maji

maji

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm done, for now...although I wish I could have it less blurry...

#12 Diva

Diva

Psychosis

• Administrators
  • 19,542 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hiya Maji! I am still finding my way around the new interface, so won't be much help. Sorry!
For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
(a) mate with,
(B) eat,
© run away from, and
(d) rocks

#13 TheAJKMan

TheAJKMan

G.O.F.

• Members
  • 5,594 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Afraid I am not going to be much help/use there either. Alsogetting used to the new interface as well.
Live long and prosper
"I love you" is eight letters long ..... but then again so is "bullshit."
I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly

#14 Orange

Orange

Diogenes

• Members
  • 8,387 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Ok, so here goes.

Up top by your name is a little down arrow. Click that and select "My Profile". Then, once that page has loaded, up in the same area of the screen (more or less) click the button "Edit my profile". Once that page is loaded, at the top of the options is a link "My Photo". Click that to change your avatar.
This office works on the FIFO principle. If you find this unacceptable, please feel free to ignore FI.

#15 Wizzard

Wizzard

Cotard

• Members
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hmmm.... I cannot attach ANY images, no matter what method is used, AND, the forum tells me that I cannot start a new topic.

WTF ???

Message at attchements section reads: "You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 100MB)".
Naturally, an Upload Failed message appears soon after trying.
God created man in his image, and man, being a gentleman, returned the favour.

#16 Llama Girl

Llama Girl

Fregoli

• Members
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

@AntiThesis - this is definitely one for you!! :)
""I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

#17 Medea

Medea

Capgras

• Members
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

I've had the exact same problem, Wizzard.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh shit the Bitch is awake!!'